Friday 7 March 2014

Get It



Silly, cocky, arrogant. In other words, me.

Get It

Don’t sweat it if you don’t get it,
All you got to do is move on to something new.
No one requires you to understand it,
We’d go extinct if you were all like me, I was all like you.

But don’t call me a cunt ‘cause you’re all of a confusion.
Or wish me dead ‘cause you failed attention in school.
Trying to mainline the mathematics of Joyce and Dylan and Da Vinci here man.
I’ll be swimming in starlight by the time you’re still a fool.

So go on and dance, dance, dance for me little jester.
Gately538, the latest Gately from a long line of clones.
Go on, quick, nearly finished my brief break from being brilliant.
And high time you to rejoined the other production line drones.

This bit doesn’t really have a regular rhythm does it?
Then, why waste iambic pentameter of a low brow like you?
But, hey, don’t sweat it if you don’t get it,
All you got to do is move on to something new.

Get it done.


No comments:

Post a Comment